We’re excited to announce that we now have a new feedback system! Here are just a few reasons we think you’ll love it:
- It’s simpler. Just tell us whether you had a satisfying experience working with a user.
- It’s easier to manage. The new system works better with how you use Guru.com today.
- It’s more accurate. Our new weighted overall percentage score makes it clear to see another user’s standings, which are updated in real time when new feedback is left.
- It’s monitored by us. If you have a negative experience, we know it right away so that we can keep track of and stop negative behavior.
HOW IT WORKS:
- After an invoice is paid, both employers and freelancers can leave feedback and report whether they were satisfied or not satisfied with their experience.
- If you select “I am satisfied”, this positively affects the user’s overall feedback score. You can then write positive feedback for the user which they can decide to publish publicly to their profiles later on.
- If you select “I am not satisfied”, this negatively affects the user’s overall feedback score. You then have the option to report your experience to Guru.com. Our staff will review your feedback and take whatever action we can to help.
A user’s feedback will be displayed as a positive percentage out of 100%, based on money earned (if you are a freelancer) or money spent (if you are an employer). When feedback is negative, the percentage will be reduced from 100 resulting in a positive percentage score.
Example: A freelancer earned $10,000 over the past 12 months. For $500 of the money earned, the feedback was negative. Their feedback score will be 95%. (The feedback will be naturally weighted with the value of the invoice)
WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR CURRENT FEEDBACK?
If you already have feedback built up, we’ll transition these scores over to our new percentage rating system. We’ll take the feedback you’ve received in the past 12 months into consideration. Feedback scores of 3 stars or higher will be interpreted as positive, and anything lower will be interpreted as negative. Any published comments on your profile will remain and you choose which ones you want to publish on your profile.
We hope that this new system is everything you’ve been looking for in feedback on Guru.com! Don’t hesitate to post any questions, comments or ideas below – we’d love to hear from you!